Emmanuel (born Jesús Emmanuel Acha Martinez, April 16, 1955, in Mexico City, Mexico) is a Mexican singer who debuted in the 1970s.
He is the son of the late Mexican-born bullfighter Raúl Acha and his first wife, Spanish singer Conchita Martinez.
Emmanuel's songs are usually ballads, which became popular during the 1980s. His fourth and most successful album to date, ''Íntimamente'' (''Intimately''), was written by the famous Spaniard ballad composer Manuel Alejandro in collaboration with Ana Magdalena. It was released in 1980 and had 7 radio hits:
* "Todo Se Derrumbó Dentro De Mi" ("Everything Collapsed Inside of Me")
* "Quiero Dormir Cansado" ("I Want to Sleep Exhausted")
* "El Día Que Puedas" ("Whenever You Get a Chance")
* "Con Olor A Hierba" ("With the Scent of Grass")
* "Tengo Mucho Que Aprender De Ti" ("I Have Much to Learn from You")
* "Insoportablemente Bella" ("Unbearably Beautiful") (cover of 1980 Hernaldo Zúñiga's hit)
* "Este Terco Corazón" ("This Stubborn Heart")
The remaining songs on the album are "Esa Triste Guitarra" ("That Sad Guitar"), "Caprichosa María" ("Capricious Maria"), and "Eso Era La Vida" ("That Was Life"), the last of which is the only song on the album not composed by Alejandro-Magdalena.
His follow up albums also enjoyed success with memorable love songs. Emmanuel still performs and tours throughout most of Latin America doing concerts. His touring bands have in the past included musicians from the U.S. most notably guitarist Dick Smith (Earth Wind & Fire, Kenny Loggins, Air Supply) His son Alexander Acha is now a singer as well.
Label: CGP Sounds | Released: 2018 | Length: 63'40"